Monday, September 27, 2010

DVD releases for September 28, 2010

This is the last week of September. Friday is the first day of October. Probably the best time of year to be a horror fan. The Fall/Halloween movie season gets started with some great titles.


First up is Adam Green’s Frozen. I wish I had been able to see this in theaters, as the trailer looked so intense. Looks like a great movie to curl up with on a cold winter night.

I have always heard how awesome the 1981 made-for-TV Dark Night of the Scarecrow is, and now I will finally be able to find out for myself. Hope this flick lives up to the hype!


I’m not a die hard fan of Madman like a lot of slasher fans are. But I do enjoy it, and will be glad to finally add it to my collection, as the original DVD had been out of print for a while.

While Iron Man 2 was not quite as good as the first (and it broke the sequel-that’s-better-than-the-first chain that X2, Spider-Man 2 and The Dark Knight started), I definitely had a good time in the theater. It was a great kickoff for the 2010 summer movie season.

Get Him to the Greek was not a genre movie of any kind, but goddamn I can’t wait to see it. Forgetting Sarah Marshall is probably one of the funniest movies I’ve ever seen, and part of it’s charm was Russell Brand. Basing an entire movie around his Aldous Snow was a great idea.

Another film I am stoked for is Suck. To begin with, I would probably watch anything Alice Cooper was in at all, because he rules so hard. Throw in Iggy Pop and Henry Rollins and it’s all rock n’ roll from there.

I haven’t been into all the DC animated movies over the past few years (though I still want to see Batman: Under the Red Hood), but Superman/Batman: Apocalypse does look pretty fun.



...And holy shit, next week looks almost as good, if not better!  Because, fucking finally:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribers